SUBMIT YOUR FILMS
9th Darbhanga IFF 2022 Submission Open
Deadline: 31st August 2021
Rules / Terms
1. Entries of all Films/Documentaries/Web Series (hereafter collectively called films) shall be accepted online only on www.filmfreeway.com/DarbhangaIFF
2. Films made in the year 2019, 2020 & 2021 can only participate in 9th Darbhanga International Film Festival 2022. Films made before 1st January 2019 can’t participate in the competition category (Excluding Web series).
All the web series (International/National) made after 31st December 2012 are eligible to participate in the competition/film festival.
Films/Web series published/released on Cinema halls/Movie Theaters/TV Channels/Online Streaming Channels (like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar etc.)/Private Screenings/Festival Screenings can participate in the competition/film festival.
Films/Web series published/released on public platforms like YouTube, Vimeo etc or any other social websites can not participate in the competition/film festival.
3. Films already selected in official selection of Past editions of Darbhanga IFF can't enter again.
4. There are three categories in the festival: International, National & Regional and each category has five sub categories: Feature, Short, Documentary, Animation & Music Video. There are two categories for Web Series - International & National.
International Category: Any film all over the world can participate in this category.
National Category: Only Indian Filmmakers can participate in this category. The Director(s) or Producer(s) of the film must be an Indian citizen. (A document must be submitted along with your film which proofs your Indian Citizenship).
Regional Category: Films made by Filmmakers belonging only from Bihar/Jharkhand state of India come under this category. The Director(s) or Producer(s) of the film must be a resident of Bihar or Jharkhand/Native place in Bihar or Jharkhand (A residential proof ID must be required with film submission). The films which are made in Hindi or regional languages of Bihar/Jharkhand (like Bhojpuri, Maithili, Khortha, Maghi, Bajjika, Angika, Mundari etc.) can only participate in this category.
5. Films/Web Series must be subtitled in English or Hindi.
6. Films may be entered by any organization, agency, Individual producer or director.
7. Selection of films/videos for Darbhanga International Film Festival will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion, and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
8. Darbhanga International Film Festival would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the film submission and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
9. Censorship will not be applicable to any films/videos entered in the festival.
10. The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen the selected films (for awards) in India or abroad on non commercial basis.
11. For promotional/publicity purpose, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television Network/Internet or related media during the festival period.
12. Film Submission with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
13. Films submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission.
14. Prize and Certificate will be awarded to the Director(s) or Producer(s) of the film.
15. Films of any length/duration can enter in the festival.
16. An entry fee of $25 USD for Regional & National Category and $30 USD for International Category is applicable on every online submission.
17. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
18. Decision of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for, in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties.
Documents required for film submission:
Please mail us the below documents on firstname.lastname@example.org with your FilmFreeway submission tracking number.
Please mention the subject of mail as " 9th Darbhanga IFF 2022_Required Documents_<Your FilmFreeway Submission Tracking No >"
1. Synopsis of the film 150 words.
2. Cast and Credits with Photographs respectively.
(We also need photographs of each on screen and off screen crew member of your film with name and designation exclusively)
3. About Director(s) (Bio Data) 150 words.
4. Photograph of Director(s) and Producer(s) of the film.
5. Production Still (minimum two).
6. Poster (Portrait and Landscape with high resolution)
7. Press Kit (not mandatory)
8. Censorship (If you have censorship certificate from Govt. Of India / Govt. of other countries, please attach.)
9. For International Category, an ID or document of Director(s) & Producer(s) which proofs your country's Citizenship. Preferred Document: Passport.
10. For National Category, an ID or document of Director(s) & Producer(s) which proofs Indian Citizenship. Preferred Document: Adhaar Card/Passport
11. For Regional Category, a residential proof ID of Director(s) & Producer(s). Preferred Document: Adhaar Card.